Saturday, July 22, 2006

At Last, Some Red Sox Action

Most of you (of course) know that my lovely wife introduced me to the Red Sox several years ago, and I have never been able to shake the obsession with baseball's most awesome team (of course, up for some speculation). I am used to being able to watch a game almost every night, like I was able to back in Boston. Moving to Portland proved challenging because games were only on TV when they were on ESPN...but I got lucky, there were a lot of Red Sox games on ESPN this year. HOWEVER in EUROPE there is pretty much NO CHANCE of watching any baseball games, whoever your favorite team may be. The good news is tonight I was able to listen to my FIRST RED SOX GAME in Europe while I was working in studio. It was an afternoon game and I stayed up until 1:15AM Rome time just so I could hear the end of the game (Red Sox lost to the Mariners...dammit). I was able to play it "out loud" in the studio over my computer and, surprisingly, there were a couple of people interested in listening (mostly because the R.S. were playing SEATTLE, the only major league baseball team in the Northwest). Good times were had by all, I worked in studio from about 8:40am to 1:15am, and much was accomplished. See you all tomorrow for the "final push". Ciao.

PS In case you are interested, I have NOT been able to change the time listed on each one of my blogs. So the truth is that the time is always wrong....just subtract 9 hours every time and you'll get the West Coast time equivalent of when I'm writing. So complicated..........and yet so simple ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»