Ok so you may be wondering "what the heck" is actually going on for Carin and I this summer. So, in a nutshell, here it is. I leave Saturday June 17th and head through Vancouver, B.C. and London on my way to Rome. I stay in Rome 6 weeks with my architecture program, at which time the entire class heads to Istanbul, Turkey for 2 weeks. Carin leaves Wenesday June 28th and catches up with me in Rome/Isanbul at that time. After the program is over, we spend 5 days together in Barcelona, Spain.
In Rome, I am working at the Palazzo Pio through the [University of Washingon - Rome Center], and we are staying in a 9 person, 3 bedroom apartment just a couple buildings down from the school (Carin and I are in one bedroom, 4 grad women are in one bedroom, and 3 undergrad woman are in one bedroom). Both places are located on the Campo de Fiori, a public piazza located directly south of the Piazza Navona right in the heart of Rome. If you have Google Earth, click here to add [UW-Rome Center] to your "My Places". You can always ditch it later if you change your mind. Click here if you want [just a map] of the area.
Went shopping yesterday for a "European Wardrobe"...a few new shirts and shorts to get me by when its hot and sticky outside. There is no air conditioning in either the studio or the apartment...its all natural ventilation. Here's to a great Mediterrnean climate. Hopefully us flabby Americans will be able to adjust relatively quickly to living without A.C.
No comments:
Post a Comment